About this Role
The DNSFilter Director of Marketing owns the strategy and tactics that create accelerated growth for our business. This position drives all marketing initiatives including data & analytics, digital, brand, demand generation, content and email. This role requires a very hands-on individual who can both lead and execute while building the marketing team.
As our Director of Marketing you will report directly to our CEO and be responsible for building a data-driven, high-performance marketing function that delivers consistent, capital-efficient results. Success in this role will be based on your ability to drive measurable improvements in overall reach, engagement, lead generation, pipeline creation and conversion rate optimization.
- Define overall marketing strategy and lead its implementation.
- Own budgets, plans, programs, vendor relationships, tech stack, and KPIs across all marketing disciplines—brand, digital, demand gen, customer, product, channel and sales enablement.
- Collaborate with leadership, sales, engineering and product to drive revenue growth. Be confident with owning a revenue number.
- Manage the marketing technology stack to ensure seamless data collection, attribution and performance analysis.
- Build a team and foster a culture consistent with our brand and values.
- Drive consistent increases in leading indicators and revenue performance as measured by our self-service customer acquisition channel and sales pipeline.
- 7+ years experience in B2B Software/Tech Marketing.
- 5+ years in a marketing leadership role, with experience hiring and managing high performing teams.
- Demonstrable success creating a growth strategy and driving measurable results including owning a revenue and pipeline number.
- Passion for data-driven marketing.
- Strong working knowledge of marketing technology—Marketo, Salesforce, Outreach, Intercom, Webflow, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High-growth start-up experience.
- Based in the USA and authorized to work here.
Who we are
DNSFilter is a fast-paced company that is rapidly growing. We provide DNS threat protection that assists businesses in protecting their employees from accessing unwanted content. That includes malicious sites, such as domains hosting malware or phishing scams. DNSFilter is a Techstars startup. We support nearly 7,000 organizations, including Fortune 500 customers like NVIDIA. With the exception of offices in D.C. and Denver, our company is fully remote, with staff in several countries.
Our secret sauce is our AI, called Webshrinker. It performs real-time classification and threat detection. This is what drives our DNS protection software, protecting users from phishing/malware and enforcing custom policies (block adult content, social media sites, enforce SafeSearch, etc). We also sell subscriptions to our Webshrinker technology separately.
In 2019 and 2020 we doubled our annual revenue, with the goal of doing the same in 2021. (That’s the part where you come in - we need your assistance to get there!) This position is a 100% remote role, regardless of pandemic status. DNSFilter is seeking a full-time, in-house employee; consulting solutions, we kindly ask you to refrain from offering your contracted help.
Why Work at DNSFilter?
- Ability to grow within the organization
- Truly impassioned and intelligent colleagues
- Competitive salary - the Director of Marketing will be offered in the range of $130-160k per year, depending on demonstrated level of experience.
- Paid vacations, sick, and holidays
- Full medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Full short-term disability and life benefits; available long-term disability
- Annual company gatherings* held in truly exciting places - in 2019 we met on a beach in Colombia for a week. There was no 2020 gathering, but we have every intent to resume once Covid allows us to do so safely.
- Fast-paced and upbeat environment, practicing levity and respect for each other every day